It seems even when I'm at home I'm bombarded by obligations. I have to pay this, I have to go here, I have to mail that. The question always presents itself... what if I don't? What if I refuse? What if I stop trying to get ahead? What will happen? Will I end up living off some relative, or even worse: in the streets? Or will by some miracle, everything still be ok? Will someone step up and take all the burdens? Or will this facade of a life I've erected crash down around me like so much smoke and mirrors?? Our country is filled with people living off my hard work, but I can't even live off of it, and I really wonder why I even bother. What driving force is there if I can live just as well, if not better off a government check as I do right now?
There ain't no rest for the wicked
Money don't grow on trees
I got bills to pay
I got mouths to feed
Ain't nothing in this world for free
No I can't slow down
I can't hold back
Though you know I wish I could
No there ain't no rest for the wicked
Until we close our eyes for good
No comments:
Post a Comment